- Assistant Professor
- BA (HKBU), MA (CUHK), MPhil (HKBU), PhD (SOAS, London)
- Rm 853, Run Run Shaw Tower, Centennial Campus, HKU
梁淑雯博士，香港大學中文學院、現代語言及文化學院助理教授。在2018年加盟香港大學前，梁博士曾先後擔任嶺南大學中文系講師及高級講師，及香港理工大學中國文化學系助理教授，教授本科生和碩士生中國現當代文學、香港文學及媒體寫作。梁博士曾於2010年到訪國立臺灣大學作研究訪問。著有中英文學術論文，並參與翻譯《劍橋中國文學史》。她的研究專業為 1）晚清與中國現代文學；2）香港文學及文化；3）疾病書寫與中國當代小說。目前她正在進行 ECS 研究計劃：「想像香港人的身份：香港報刊上的「文革」話語研究，1966-1976」以及撰寫有關晚清烏托邦小說的書稿。
梁淑雯博士講授的本科課程有CHIN 2172 香港文學 。此外，她曾任MA、MPhil及 PhD論文導師。
Leung Shuk Man (PhD, SOAS, London, 2013) is an assistant professor of the School of Chinese and the School of Modern Languages and Cultures. Prior to joining HKU in 2018, Dr. Leung was initially a lecturer and then a senior lecturer in the Department of Chinese at Lingnan University and was an assistant professor in the Department of Chinese Culture at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, where she taught undergraduate and postgraduate courses in modern and contemporary Chinese literature, Hong Kong literature and media writing. She was also a visiting fellow at National Taiwan University in 2010. Dr. Leung has published in Chinese and English and co-translated The Cambridge History of Chinese Literature. Her research interests focus on 1) late Qing and modern Chinese literature; 2) Hong Kong literature and culture and 3) illness writing in contemporary Chinese Fiction. Her current research and publication projects include an ECS project on “Imagining a Hong Kong Identity: A Study of Chinese Cultural Revolution Discourse in Hong Kong Newspapers and Journals, 1966-1976” and a book project on late Qing utopian novels.
Dr. Leung’s undergraduate courses are CHIN 2172 Hong Kong Literature and CHIN 1121 Introduction to Contemporary Chinese Literature. She has also supervised MA, MPhil and PhD students in her areas of expertise.
研究計劃 Major Research Grants:
- 2018-2019, A Pilot Study of the Reception of Cultural Revolution Literature in Hong Kong: A Case Study of Gu Cangwu (古蒼梧),Seed Fund for Basic Research for New Staff, The University of Hong Kong, Principal Investigator, HKD 149,020. Funded.
- 2017-2019, Early Career Scheme (ECS), Research Grants Council (RGC), HKSAR Government. Project Title: Imagining a Hong Kong Identity: A Study of Chinese Cultural Revolution Discourse in Hong Kong Newspapers and Journals, 1966-1976.
代表性著述 Selected Publications:
編著 Edited book:
- 2019, 《給孩子的港臺散文》(Collected Essays for Children in Hong Kong and Taiwan), co-edited with Joseph Shiu-ming Lau (劉紹銘). Hong Kong: The Chinese University of Hong Kong Press, 2019.
期刊論文 Journal Articles:
- 2020, “Imagining a National/Local Identity in the Colony: The Cultural Revolution Discourse in Hong Kong Youth and Student Journals, 1966–1977,” Cultural Studies, Vol.34. 2, 317-340.
- 2019,〈三種身份之三地情缘 :淺談刘以鬯主编的《國民公报》副刊〉(“On National Citizens Daily’s Literary Supplement by Liu Yichang”),《名作欣賞》(Masterpieces Review)，Vol. 1 (2019), pp 47-53。
- 2018,〈無法「把身體放下」：香港女作家韓麗珠小說中的身體書寫〉(“The Body in the Hong Kong Female Author Hon Lai Chu’s Novels”),《文藝爭鳴》(Contentions), Vol. 2 (February 2018), pp 7-13.
- 2017,〈創傷、文革記憶及疾病修辭：論林斤瀾《十年十癔．五分》及余華《一九八六年》中的瘋癲書寫〉(“Trauma, Memories of the Cultural Revolution and Illness as a Literary Device: On the Writing of Madness in Lin Jinlan’s “Five Dollar Coin” in Ten Cases of Hysteria in Ten Years and Yu Hua’s ‘The Year 1986’”),《人文中國學報》 (Sino-Humanitas) Vol. 24, pp. 285-304.
- 2016, “Madness in Southern China: Illness as Metaphor in Su Tong’s The Tale of the Siskins and ‘Madwoman on the Bridge’,” Journal of Modern Literature in Chinese, Vol. 13.1-2 (May 2016), pp. 45-62.
- 2014, “The Public Sphere and Literary Journals: An Investigation of the Discursive Formation of New Fiction’s Utopian Imagination in Late Qing,” Comparative Literature Studies Vol. 51.4 (December 2014), pp.557-586.
- 2012,〈公共領域與文藝報刊：晚清烏托邦話語形成之考察〉 (“The Public Sphere and Literary Journals: An Investigation of the Discursive Formation of New Fiction’s Utopian Imagination in Late Qing”),《文藝理論研究》Theoretical Studies in Literature and Art Vol. 180 (January 2012), pp 128-137.
專書論文 Book Chapters：
- 2020, “New Fiction as a Public Opinion: The Utopian/Dystopian Imagination in Revolutionary Periodicals in Late Qing China,” in Rasoul Aliakbari ed., Comparative Print Culture: A Study of Alternative Literary Modernities (Palgrave Macmillan).
- 2020, 〈 香港《文匯報》文藝版中的「澳門一二三」事件書寫〉(”The Portrayal of the 1966 Macau 123 Incident in Wen Wei Po’s Literary Supplement”) in《香港. 1960》(Hong Kong 1960s). (Taipei: Wenhsun).
- 2019,〈國族身份〉, 載入朱耀偉主編：《香港關鍵詞》。香港：中文大學出版社，頁139-148。
- 2013,〈公共領域與文藝報刊：晚清烏托邦話語形成之考察〉(“The Public Sphere and Literary Journals: An Investigation of the Discursive Formation of New Fiction’s Utopian Imagination in Late Qing”) 《當代比較文學與方法論建構》Contemporary Comparative Literature and its Methodology Construction (Shanghai: Fudan University Press), pp 895-904.
- 2018, Chinese translation with Yeung Wah-hing and Jack Liou Wei-ting of “Chinese Literature from 1937 to the present,” The Cambridge History of Chinese Literature Volume II from 1375 by Michelle Yeh and Michel Hockx, 102pp. (Linking Publishing Company).
代表性學術會議報告 Selected Conference Presentations:
- July 2019, “An Examination of the Emergence of Hong Kong Identity through Youth and Student Cultural Revolution Discourse: A Study of Pan Ku and Undergrad.” Panel entitled “The 1960s in the Chinese-speaking World,” 11th International Convention of Asia Scholars. Leiden: Leiden University, 15–19 July 2019.
- June 2019. “Hong Kong, the Cultural Revolution and the Cold War.” The 1st Annual Conference for the Society of Hong Kong Studies. Hong Kong: The University of Hong Kong.
- July 2017, “Hong Kong Identity Through Youth and Student Cultural Revolution Discourse During the Post-Riots Period in The Undergrad”, Panel entitled “Worlding the Cold War Experience in Asia”, Inter-Asia Cultural Studies (IACS) conference 2017. Korea: Sungkonghoe University.
- June 2017, “The Dissemination and Adaption of the Cultural Revolution Literature in Hong Kong Wen Wei Po”, Panel entitled “Rethinking Knowledge Formation in Cold War Asia: Fluidity, Exchange and Contestation” AAS-in-Asia 2017. Korea: Korea University.
- December 2016,〈文革文學在香港報刊的傳播與接受:以香港《文匯報》為例〉 “The Dissemination and Reception of Cultural Revolution Literature in Colonial Hong Kong: A Case Study of Wen Wei Po,” 「香港‧1960 」International Conference on “Hong Kong 1960s,” Hong Kong: Lingnan University.
- December 2016,〈文革記憶與瘋子症狀——談韓少功《鞋癖》與格非《傻瓜的詩篇》〉 “Madness as Rhetoric: The Memories of Cultural Revolution in Han Shaogong’s Shoes Fetishism and Ge Fei’s The Idiot’s Poems,” 「疾病誌：中國現當代文學與電影國際學術研討會」International Conference on “Pathography: Modern and Contemporary Literature and Film,” Hong Kong: Hong Kong Baptist University.
- December 2016,〈香港《文匯報》中的「文革」話語，1966-1976〉“Cultural Revolution Discourse in Hong Kong’s Wen Wei Po,”「香港的歷史與社會研究」國際學術研討會 International Conference on “Hong Kong History and Society Studies,” Hong Kong: Hong Kong Museum of History and Hong Kong Baptist University.
- June 2016, “The Cultural Revolution in Hong Kong: The Cultural Revolution Discourse in Leftist Newspapers: Wen Wei Po, 1966-1976,” International Conference on “The Cultural Revolution Today: Literature, Film, and Cultural Debates,” Hong Kong: The University of Hong Kong.
- May 2016, “New Fiction as a Public Opinion: The Utopian/Dystopian Imagination in Revolutionary Journals and Newspapers in Late Qing China,” The Annual Congress of the Canadian Comparative Literature Association (CCLA) 2016, Canada: The University of Calgary.
- March 2015, 〈「文革在香港」：六、七十年代香港報刊上的「文革」輿論報道〉“The Cultural Revolution in Hong Kong: The Public Opinion on the Culture Revolution in Hong Kong Newspapers and Journals during 1960s and 1970s,” 「『冷戰時期中港台文學與文化翻譯』國際學術研討會」International Conference on “The Translation of Literature and Culture in Hong Kong, Taiwan and Mainland China during the Cold War Period,” Hong Kong: Lingnan University, 6-7 March, 2015, 10pp.
- October 2014,〈晚清「新小說」：一個文類學的個案研究〉 “‘New Fiction’ in Late Qing: A Case Study of A Generic Discourse,” 「中國文藝理論學會第十二屆年會﹣百年文藝理論研究中的中國話語學術研討會」The 12th Annual Conference of The Chinese Association for Theoretical Studies in Literature and Art: Academic Conference entitled “Chinese Discourses in A Hundred Years of Literary Theory Research,” Beijing: Beijing Normal University, 18-19 October, 2014, 52pp.
- September 2012, “The Newspaper Industry and the Creation of Identity: Defining the Reader in the New Life Evening Post,” The XIXth EACS (European Association of Chinese Studies) Annual Conference 2012, France: the Université Paris Diderot, the Institut National des Langues et Civilisations Orientales (INALCO) and the Bibliothèque des Langues et Civilisations (BULAC), 4-6 September, 2012, 12pp.
- September 2011, “The Birth of New Fiction: A Study of a Generic Discourse in Late Qing Fiction,” BACS (British Association for Chinese Studies) Annual Conference 2011. United Kingdom: The University of Edinburgh, 7-9 September 2011, 20pp.
- August 2011,〈公共領域與文藝報刊：晚清烏托邦話語形成之考察〉 “The Public Sphere and the Utopian Community: The Mode of the Discursive Formation in Literary Journals and Newspapers,” 「中國比較文學學會(CCLA) 第10屆年會暨國際學術研討會」The 10th Triennial Congress of CCLA and the International Conference, Shanghai: Fudan University, 9-11 August 2011, 17pp.